Robot Battles and Emotional Voyages

This blog shall be used as a catharsis. I've held too many things inside for too long. It may not be the most profound blog, or wittiest, but it's just my thoughts, when there're too many in my head for me to handle.

Light Bulb Wars and Late Night Food Runs

Day 1+16

In the midst of current life events, the little things that I would shrug off have become somewhat intolerable as of late.
Such as stolen light bulbs.
A few nights ago, when walking in to my room, I went to turn on my light. And, wouldn't ya' know it, the light bulb was gone. The stand totally bare, empty, naked. Alone.
Which, was pretty damn funny, considering I had put new bulbs in every lamp in my room. I remember doing it. Mum helped me rearrange my furniture, getting angry from the lack of light, every bulb old and burnt out in my room.
When the light bulbs had died, burnt out, you could actually see it. Their end. They flash a bright purpley-blue, there's a popping sound, and suddenly they dim. It all happens so quickly, but the after-images get burned into your eyes, so you see colored spots, the noise loud in your ears from your silent attempts at sleeping.
So, light bulbs gone, I wandered into my little sisters room, curious, remembering all her lights had burnt out as well. And, wouldn't you know it, all her lights turned on.
Now, at first, I just took them all back, turning all my lights on, screwing the bulbs carefully back into the bases of my lamps. Then I left.
Came home.
Bulbs all gone.
Frustration.
However, this time? I don't just take the bulbs, and put them in my room.
I take them with me. Downstairs, on the table beside me, Movies, House episodes, Nic's frustrated, Aubrey's sick next to me. Sister comes downstairs, livid.
"Did you steal my light bulbs?"
You mean did I take back my light bulbs?
"No, they're mine!"
Accusations at my room being dirty.
Insult.
Insult.
Insult.
You can go get new light bulbs from the back room.
Indignation. "No! I want my Goddamn fucking light bulbs back!"
Chuckle.
Indifference.
You can really just go to the back room to get brand new light bulbs.
Rage. "I just want my fucking lights!"
More accusations at my dirty room.
Continued indifference.
You know those were my light bulbs first, and you stole them from my room?
Raging indignation. "They were not! They've always been mine!" Sliding towards giving in. "Besides! My lights don't work in my room!"
Neither do mine.
Apparently if I cleaned my room for the third time I could turn on my overhead light.
Growing tired of her being a bitch.
Aubrey's uncomfortable from the cursing.
Nic's reaching the end of his Tolerance Rope.
Which is pretty damn long.
They're right here, on the table.
"Are you fucking kidding me!"
Yes. Those aren't actually light bulbs, obviously. They're candies.
"Stay out of my room!"
A long pause.
Shared looks.
Shrugs from everyone. Nothing new.
It'd sure be nice if she'd calm down.

"SISTERS never quite FORGIVE each other for what HAPPENED when they were FIVE."

2 comments:

If I hadn't eaten them all, I would have shoved a chicken nugget in her mouth.

 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Post a Comment